Coastal Web Marketing
Update your website
Your website is the online face of your business, and you need to make a good first impression to folks in the holiday spending mood. This is especially true for e-commerce websites. If you haven’t updated your website in a while, now is the time to update product photos, special offers, banners, and your homepage with holiday verbiage. Now is also a good time for ANY business to come up with special offers for Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year’s.
Write Holiday-Specific Content
Your blog is one of the best tools you have to drive holiday traffic to your website. While blog content like, “Holiday Gift Guide for Your Teenager” helps e-commerce businesses, caterers, realtors, lawyers, dentists, and home improvement companies should get creative to do similar holiday-themed posts. Examples include:
- Catering / Event Planning – Creative Holiday Party Ideas: Event planners and caterers should showcase their holiday decorating and party planning skills by providing tips on how to hold the best holiday party. Give tips on recipes, desserts, DIY decorations, games, and everything that would make a fun party.
- Realtors– Home for the Holidays: There are so many family-friendly events in Baltimore during the holidays. Realtors should use the events, such as the Symphony of Lights, to show how amazing living in Baltimore really is and why buying a home in the area is perfect for families.
- Lawyers – Why Writing A Will Should Be One of Your New Year’s Resolutions: This is the perfect opportunity for lawyers to explain why having a will is important. Explain the benefits and how not having a will can impact the family.
- Dentists – Eat, Drink and Be Good to Your Teeth This Holiday Season: This is a great opportunity to remind people about good oral hygiene, and ways to avoid cavities and staining their teeth.
- Home Improvement Contractors – Easy Ways to Spruce Up Your Home for the Holidays: Offer tips on installing new lighting, painting, molding, a new front door, and more.
Share on Social Media
After you update your website and create holiday-themed content, start sharing on social media. Post your products, deals, blogs, etc. on your social media platforms and engage with your followers.
Throughout the holiday season, people are looking to spend money. Using your website and social media platforms, you can get in front of potential buyers and convert them into paying customers.