If you’re like most business owners, you’re always looking for new ways to increase your business. We believe there is always more you can do with your website to bring in new customers. SEO is a powerful marketing tool, and there is always room for improvement.
SEO Consulting Services To Do List
Your SEO consulting services firm should already be working with you to continually improve your SEO strategy, but here are a few things you may want to ask if they are doing:
Add Value. By this we mean add value to your web site content. Creating quality content that’s relevant and useful is key. You don’t want to add content just to throw something out there and see if it sticks. Use your website analytics to see which pages are generating the most traffic, and figure out how to capitalize on that on your other web pages, as well as by writing blogs that answer the questions people have.
Improve the User Experience. The user experience is critical to SEO. In fact, user experience begins before someone gets to your website. According to Forrester, 93% of online experiences start with a search.
You want to make your website easy to navigate, neat and tidy with no problems to make a user experience more difficult. Things to consider:
- Test your site’s links to ensure there aren’t any broken links. Avoid the dreaded “Page Not Found” error message.
- Your content should appeal to both users and search engines, so readability combined with search engine optimization need to be taken into account when writing.
- The navigation bars or menus should help the user get around your site and find what they want easily and without problems. Make sure you haven’t left anything out, and that there are no hidden pages.
- Page load time is critical. The majority of users expect a web page to load in under 3 seconds. Test the load time of your pages periodically. From lots of images to a problem with the script, there are a number of reasons your load time could slow down.
Invest More in Your Content. Search engines focus on content. It doesn’t make sense to further optimize your content if your content isn’t appealing to your audience in the first place.
With the help of your SEO company, monitor the keywords, site analytics and levels of engagement to see what engages visitors to your site. Then capitalize on that by increasing the number of pages in that area, or write new blogs focusing on what readers want to know.
Optimize Visual Content. Visual content is more important than ever. Photos, videos, images, graphs, infographics, etc. all play a part in your website, and they can effect SEO.
Again, ask your search engine optimization team if they are doing all they can with the visual content. For instance:
- Think carefully of photo or video titles. NO: 20170907.jpg. YES: Baltimore SEO Consulting Services
- Don’t forget to add text, metadata and keywords. Think about providing a transcript for videos that use your key phrases. This allows the search engines to crawl the video content.
- Pay attention to file size. Ginormous files slow down page load time.
Keep Your Online Footprint Up to Date Your online presence goes way beyond your website. Think of all the social media platforms you’ve tried out over the years. Here’s the thing: it’s OK to not use a particular platform if you don’t think your prospective customers are utilizing that site. Say, for instance, you have a Google+ site that you don’t really utilize. You still need to make sure the information on there is accurate, so visitors can find out more about your website.
Here’s something to add to your to-do list: Create a spreadsheet of all of the various platforms you’re on – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Yelp Reviews, Google Reviews, Angie’s List, etc. Then check on each site one a month (or have your SEO company do this) to monitor your online presence and make sure everything is up to date.
If you’re ready to use SEO to boost your business, call Coastal Web Services at 410-420-9390 or use our contact form and someone will get back to you shortly. We offer SEO consulting services in Baltimore, but we also have clients all up and down the East Coast.