Ecommerce Web Development
Coastal Web Services provides ecommerce web development in Maryland, as well as the rest of the Mid-Atlantic region, the Carolinas and Alabama. Professional ecommerce web development helps you better serve people who like to shop online. E-commerce is short for electronic commerce also known as an online shopping cart. If you want to sell products online, then you need an e-commerce solution. We provide various solutions based on our customer’s existing website or new website design. It is easier to build a shopping cart on a new site but we may be able to work around the design if the customer is on a limited budget. Just realize you may sacrifice some features.
Web Development Agency
Hiring a web development agency like Coastal Web Services to build your ecommerce website allows you to tailor the site to your products, and allows you to implement ecommerce marketing and SEO into the site from the beginning.
The E-commerce web design options and types of shopping cart sites we recommend are also based on the type of web code already setup on the customer’s website. For example, if a customer has a WordPress site already built we can possibly add a WooCommerce system. If a customer has an html site design we can recommend something like an x-cart. If someone is very serious about selling products online and has a budget for executing a good marketing plan to support the new shopping cart then a Magento design may be a better starting point.
Once you believe a shopping cart is the direction you need to take for your business, it makes sense to sit down with us to discuss your goals. If you’re thinking about opening up an online store to sell or rent your products, there are several things you need to ask yourself first.
QUESTIONS TO ASK:
- Approximately how many items are you selling?
- Will the order be picked up?
- Is this to be delivered by a driver?
- Is this to be delivered by mail?
- How do you plan to charge for shipping – shipping methods?
- Do you have one location or multiple locations you are shipping from?
- How many categories of products?
- Do you have a merchant account setup for online purchases?
- Will you be adding the items to the online store or will we? If us, add cost of taking photos and adding the items.
- What is your budget?
- Do you have an existing website you want us to incorporate the shopping cart into?
- Or do you want a new website as well? If yes, do you want a very basic site, a custom web design or a CMS website?
Once we’ve discussed these questions and your answers, we can recommend some options for you to consider. Once we nail down the must haves and the like-to-haves we can provide you with a quote on your next project.
WooCommerce, or Woo Commerce, is a customizable ecommerce platform to help you build your online business. WooCommerce is also affordable, and it powers nearly 30% of all online stores today. WooCommerce has numerous features, extensions and even an iOS app so you can keep track of your inventory and performance reports from your phone.
WooCommerce Plugin for WordPress
The WooCommerce plugin is strictly for WordPress sites, and offers a more affordable ecommerce option than, for instance, Magento. But since WordPress sites dominate the content management system (CMS) arena of websites, that’s not an issue. Coastal Web Services uses WordPress to power many of our client’s websites.
Maryland Web Development Company
If you’re looking for a web development company to implement the WooCommerce plugin for your site, call Coastal Web Services today at 410-420-9390. We have experience integrating WooCommerce seamlessly with WordPress sites, and customizing the features for many kinds of online shops.
WooCommerce comes prebundled with PayPal for accepting PayPal or credit cards as well as cash on delivery payment methods. We can add other payment features as well. We can configure flat rate shipping or shipping based on dollar amounts, etc. Taxes can be set to calculate automatically based on a customer’s shipping address.
As experts in web development, we can create your WooComemrce online store with streamlined basics, or scale it to your needs. No matter how big or small your business is, Coastal Web has you covered. We can help you track stock levels, get alerts when inventory is low for automatic reordering, offer different variations of your products such as size, color, multi-packs, etc.
If you’re looking for a professional web development agency to help you with your ecommerce website, call Coastal Web Services today at 410-420-9390 or use our contact form, and someone will get back to you.
Coastal Web Services now has a Magento Developer on staff to work with our online commerce clients, providing Magento development to businesses throughout the Mid-Atlantic states, as well as the Carolinas and Alabama. Magento is a leading platform for open commerce innovation. Every year, Magento handles over $100 billion in gross merchandise volume.
Some of the world’s biggest retailers, brands and manufacturers have harnessed the power of the Magento platform, and you can, too.
Web Development Company in Maryland
If you’re looking for a web development company in Maryland to launch your Magento website, we’re glad you stopped by. Coastal Web Services would love to partner with you. Our web development team will help you use Magento to help you grow your business. Whether you sell strictly online or you’re just venturing into ecommerce, we can help.
Benefits of Magento
- The Magento platform is open source software, meaning hundreds of thousands of web devlopers and end users work every day to enhance it, create new features, and improve platform security. All of that means Magento is the closest thing to what merchants really want, rather than a product a vendor thinks you need.
- On average, merchants using the Magento platform grow their business 3 times faster than those using competitive platforms. Magento boasts that clients also realize a 50% reduction in the Total Cost of Ownership.
- Completely customizeable. We can customize your online storefront with category & product page enhancements, express checkout, custom images & media, mobile apps, search & navigation, social media integration and more. We can also develop custom interfaces for payment, order processing, shipping systems, accounting systems, and more.
If you’re ready to partner with a web development company you can trust to work as hard for your business as you do, then call Coastal Web Services today for a free consultation. Call us at 410-420-9390 or use our contact form to set up a meeting.