Content Marketing Agency in Maryland
Coastal Web Services is a content marketing agency serving small business clients in Maryland. We offer comprehensive content marketing planning, coordination, creation, and implementation. We create high quality content, and publish it in the right place at the right time, to reach your target audience. Content marketing is an integral part of your overall SEO efforts.
What is Content Marketing?
What is content marketing, you may ask? According to the Content Marketing Institute,
“Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
Unlike traditional marketing where you’re pitching your products and/or services with ads or mass mailings, content marketing is exclusively online. If it’s done right, you’re providing relevant and useful content to your prospective customers and existing clients. And the content you provide gives them useful information that helps them make a decision or solve their problems.
And if you engage in content marketing, chances are, you will be ahead of your competition. According to a recent business survey, 80% of small businesses do not invest in content marketing, and experts warn that they are missing a key marketing opportunity.
While content marketing costs 62% less than outbound marketing, it generates more than three times as many leads.
Creating a Content Marketing Strategy and Implementing the Plan
A good content marketing agency will work with you to create an easy to understand content marketing strategy. There are several components, including:
- Overall Content Strategy
- Creating a Content Calendar
- Actual Content Creation
- Content Analysis
Let’s take a look at some of those steps.
In developing a content strategy, we’ll work closely with you to develop a plan that helps you achieve your goals. This includes:
- Creating a Content Roadmap We write down the goals for your content, and connect each item to your objectives, such as increasing web traffic, increasing conversion rate, gathering email addresses, growing your followers on social media, etc.
- Keyword Research If you hired us to provide SEO services, we have already done some keyword research for your website. With kw research for content marketing, we identify potential topics, FAQs, and keyword phrases we should use in your content.
- Identify Your Target Audience Are they young and single? Married with kids? Homeowners? Knowing who your ideal client is helps us target content they will be interested in and want to share.
- Track the Performance We will use various analytics to track the performance of your content. Regular content analysis allows us to see what content and which topics are outperforming, and which content is failing to register. We then tweak future content marketing efforts accordingly.
Create a Content Calendar
Ideally, we create a year-long content calendar. It will spell out each type of content and when it should be published, and where. This calendar will include paid content. If yours is a seasonal business, the calendar will reflect that, by planning to publish certain content when interest is highest.
- New Web Pages or Landing Pages
- Press Releases
- Videos (How To Videos, Product Demo Videos, etc.)
Publishing Your Content
Following the Content Calendar, we will publish (or send to you to publish) the various completed content pieces. This includes publishing new pages, blogs, and FAQs on your website, sending out email blasts, posting infographics and videos on your social media channels, and more.
All of this content will include a Call to Action encouraging people to call you, or visit your website to fill out a form for more information or a free quote.
Ongoing analysis of your content marketing efforts will help you, and us, build on successes and reduce underperforming content.
Get a FREE Quote on Our Content Marketing Services
So our content marketing services are an integral part of our SEO services. When you contact us, we will go over all of the components of a successful SEO strategy and content marketing strategy, and highlight how we can help you get the most out of your business website. Call us at 410-420-9390 or fill out our online form to get started.